Monday, May 19, 2008

Poems and such...

Help Me... Find Me... -Jenna Howard

She cries out for rescue dark in the night,
He stumbles and falls, too afraid to fight,
She sobs in her rags all tattered and torn,
He run for his life all battered and worn,
She falls to her face in a puddle of mud,
He cries out for help all covered in blood,
She screams in terror as they drag her away,
He stills as they laugh, he stills as they prey,
Help me she prays…Find me he says…
No longer can they hide… no farther to run…
And slowly they know this life has just begun…

Lullaby for God’s Child -Jenna Howard

I’m right here child holding your hand,
Sleep now and don’t be sad
For tomorrow will bring hope, love, and a life
A time to learn of a man named Christ.
You’ll learn of His life, His heart and His love
His way, His might, and His power above.
No longer alone, no longer unloved.
For He has given you a home filled with love.
So sleep now child and don’t be afraid
For He has given you life, and THE love that won’t fade.

Prayer of Abandonment

Father, I abandon myself into your hands;
do with me what you will.
Whatever you may do, I thank you:
I am ready for all, I accept all.
Let only your will be done in me,
and in all Your creatures -
I wish no more than this, O Lord.

Into your hands I commend my soul;
I offer it to you with all the love of my heart,
for I love you Lord,
and so need to give myself,
to surrender myself into your hands,
without reserve,
and with boundless confidence,

For you are my Father.

--Charles de Foucauld (1858-1916)

No comments: