Friday, May 16, 2008

Intro

I am excited to announce that I have just recently been offered an opportunity to work with World Orphans in a full-time position. The position is in Monument, Colorado doing all of the Public Relations work for them. My main goals will be to create avenues of awareness and generate possible ways to reach people. This is such a wonderful opportunity for me. Not only will I have many areas in which to focus my creative and organizational skills, but I'll have the added benefit of doing it around the most passionate people I've ever met.

On a more personal note, as many of you may know, I am adopted. Before I was even born, Christ had a plan for me and saw fit to place me in the arms of God-loving people. That path was chosen for me and, because of it, I find comfort and great joy in knowing I am to use my talents to help aid orphans all over the world. I want to help give as many children as possible the same opportunity I had to experience God’s real and abounding love with the help of a home and guidance.

My hope is that I will remain with World Orphans for many years to come, however, in order for me to accomplish this I need your help. World Orphans operates as a non-profit organization so in order to keep me employed, and to continue to do the Lord's work, I am responsible for supplementing the remainder of my salary each year through fund-raising. A mere $13,000 each year will allow me to continue doing the work of the Lord by helping orphans all over the world. I am praying for the will of the Lord to be done in this matter and continuing to keep the faith that God will provide. If you are able, there are two ways in which you can help me.

First and foremost, pray for me as I undertake this step in faith. I will be taking a new job, assuming new responsibilities, and moving far away from my family. Secondly, if you feel God’s calling, give. You can do this as a one-time donation to help offset my initial expenses or you can give on an ongoing basis to provide part of my much needed support throughout the year.

Both of these are needed and neither is greater than the other. I ask each one of you to give in your own way. This will allow me to spend my time working and focused solely on World Orphans and not fund-raising for my own needs. If you do choose to give please send your support to:

World Orphans, ATTN: JH-01

1840 Woodmoor Drive, suite 100,

Monument, CO 80132

In the memo line put the code JH-01.

And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. “Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.
(Matthew 18:2-6 ESV)

As we have been called to receive a child and by so doing bring him up in the likeness of Christ, we are glorifying God. Not only is it a command it is also a gift for God to use us as instruments to show His love to these children. “Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it.” -Proverbs 22:6 Each child has been chosen by God and now God has instructed me to be a tool to help reach these children. I have chosen to follow Christ’s instructions by helping these children just as my parents chose to follow Christ’s instructions to help me, to give me life, to guide me, and give me a Christ centered home.”Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. Rescue the weak and needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked." Psalm 82:3-4

HOW DOES WORLD ORPHANS HELP?

WORLD ORPHANS rescues orphaned and abandoned children in a way that increases the goodwill, exposure, and witnessing opportunities for the local indigenous churches that are willing to care or are already caring for them. A local church is the best way to care for orphans – to see children raised in a compassionate community of believers; to be cared for; to know, love, and share God’s love. But church-based orphan homes are also an excellent way to increase the attractiveness of that local church to its community as it sees their church caring for their children. That’s how we help. We fund the building of church-based orphan homes.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

What a beautiful calling!