Monday, July 20, 2009

Update


Hello to All,
I hope this letter finds you all well and enjoying the beautiful summer days. The weather here in Colorado has stayed relatively calm compared to last year at this time with tornadoes swirling around. I think we may have hit 100F a couple days this summer and I thank God for no more.

Life has continued to move on and I am trying to stay up with everything going on. My dad is currently in Ghana Africa serving at one of the many medical outreaches he does each year. My mother is hard working as always and has returned from Israel several months ago and is back and running with all of her church and prayer ministry. Julie is currently engaged and trying to find a job. Dusty is fighting fires again this summer and has had a relatively calm summer. And I am here in Colorado learning to adjust to this new chapter in my life.

These past months have been very rough and challenging for me. As some of you know I am no longer engaged. God has really been working on my heart in my personal life and has continued to bless my ministry with World Orphans. It is encouraging to know that my place is here with World Orphans and God confirms it daily. I have recently been promoted to the Director of Communications. This will allow me to help steady and keep the office in one piece while the rest of the staff is traveling as well as maintain and develop our donor and public relations campaigns. I will be overseeing and working with 3 people in our communications and design departments and am excited to get started. It has challenged me and continues to be a rewarding task to do. Terryll, our admin here at the office, is on a 3 week trip in China and I have been doing her job and mine for the past weeks. Needless to say I will be glad when she is back but I have gained more knowledge about the workings here at the office.

As for my personal life, I have labeled this life’s chapter as “Alone and Learning to Love it”. I have finally been able to make some new friends, reacquaint with some past friends and begin to enjoy where I am at in my life. God has been good and has continued to prune me where needed and water where I need growth. He has used a counselor to really help me identify where I am at in life and where I want to be. But mostly I have learned that being without a romantic relationship (i.e. ALONE) is ok and that this time in my life is for me and my first love- Jesus Christ.

My one bump in the road has been my financial needs. I have raised about 6 months worth of funds and it is already the 7th month of the year. I have such wonderful supporters and the encouragement I feel from them is part of what drives me to continue to have faith the Lord will provide. I love to hear about what God is doing in my friends and supporter’s life and how I might be able to offer my support and encouragement. Please do not hesitate to do this.

I do hope that each of you will continue to pray for me and pray about becoming a part of my financial support team. I know God has tasked me with a mighty work and I need your help to accomplish this. I would also love a chance to share more about World Orphans if you feel more called to give towards World Orphans instead of my individual needs. If you want me to come into town and speak with you and some friends, just ask. If you want me to come pray with you, just ask. I pray blessing upon all of you and may God continue to protect and bring you and your families closer to him this summer.

Serving God By Serving His Children,
Jenna M. Howard

- Director of Communications
Jennah@worldorphans.org
www.Worldorphans.org
Office: 720-362-4881
www.JennaMarieHoward.com
"Serving God by Serving His Children"

No comments: