Monday, February 23, 2009

Window Watching...

After church yesterday BJ and I were able to go to Antigua. I had been feeling a little homesick and BJ ha suggested we go to Antigua, since I find it to be very calming. (He is such a loving man. I love it when he knows what I need before I do. Isn’t it cool how God does that?) Once there, we were very delighted when BJ’s roommate, Wosebli, and his new girlfriend, Gabby (Gabriella) were able to meet up with us and spend the day with us. The couple is native Guatemalans and to my pleasant surprise Gabby is my age and speaks almost perfect English. I was so relieved because I desired some female bonding. God is so good. Gabby allowed me to practice my Spanish with her and was able to correct me and encourage me as well. I, in return, enjoyed letting her speak in English as she said she has not done it in a while and enjoyed doing so. This couple was more than happy to show us more ruins, markets, and churches and explain a lot of the history. It was exactly what I needed.

They took us to a church ruins and we all enjoyed taking many pictures of each other. As we were exiting one part of the garden, a wooden window looking into a separate courtyard caught my eye and I stopped. At the time it was a beautiful scene to look into and just seemed a perfect picture opportunity. I asked my wonderful loving photographer, BJ, to take a picture for me and he kindly did. When I saw it this morning I knew the Lord had BJ take this picture for the purpose of speaking to me. The picture is a perfect example of how I feel as I experience Guatemala and the areas around here. I commented on his picture (via facebook)

“This is what it is like for me to not know the language. It’s like being on the outside looking in at something so beautiful. You can’t' help but want to do everything you can to be on the other side...”

Pray for me as I continue to look through this window begging to be let in. I will find the door someday soon but for now “window watching” has become my newest hobby.

-J

“Thank you Father, for caring so much about me to use Your creations to encourage, refresh, captivate, and speak to me and show me Your continuous abounding Love.”

2 comments:

Kate Borders said...

I went looking for the picture you mentioned and loved looking at all of them. May you know MUCH grace on this new journey - it's going to be so exciting!

Love you!
Kate

elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.