Thursday, February 12, 2009

Guatemala here I come!

I am off! Well, technically tomorrow but who really thinks about those details. GUATEMALA and BJ here I come! I have spent the last couple of weeks packing but not until these recent couples of days has the realization sunk in and weird things have happened. One night I was so geared up I had to take a sleeping pill to make myself go to bed. I had been waking up every hour wide awake to then jump out of my warm bed and check my bags to see if I forgot to pack something. So weird I know, but I wanted to make sure I didn’t leave anything behind. Then this past Tuesday night I woke up with a terrible headache, runny nose and about cried. The Flu Bug or something very close to it has been going around work. I had hoped I wouldn’t get it but nonetheless when I woke up feeling yucky I was beside myself. So needless to say I am ok now, I hope. I took some decongestant and sinus pills and with a prayer I took the day off yesterday and slept, ate soup, slept, drank tea, slept. Fun day huh? I was determined to not be sick when I travel down to Guatemala and I think that determination and prayer has been answered. BUT here is the funny part. When I finally came out of my sick sleep yesterday and actually had a look around I realized sometime in the night I had unpacked all of my clothes! I don’t know when and I don’t know how but they seemed to be folded nicer than I remember and actually to my surprise, a little more organized. They were lined up in a neat line alongside my dresser on the floor. My shoes were nicely set out side by side, pants were set together, shirts and blouses were separated, etc. you get the idea. I just kind of laughed pathetically and went to get some tea. When I came back up to my room with some tea I just sat on my bed and looked at these clothes almost as if it were a faceoff. Moments like this I think back to my mom, brothers and sister telling me I sleep walk and talk in my sleep. I used to say they were just teasing me or making it up. Well, I apologize here and now to those people who have ever told me I sleep talk and walk in my sleep and I didn’t believe them. The proof is sitting on my floor and no other way to describe it… I then burst into a cackle and would not stop as I realized that bj might not have any clue as to what he is getting into…

Stay tuned for Guatemala updates and pictures!

Beej- Baby, I’m coming home! I can’t wait! I’ll be there soon… I can’t wait to see you and explore all you have for me to see! Our journey together has just begun and I am so joyful and thankful that God blessed me with you… you are much more than I could have ever imagined God blessing me with as a husband, best friend and co-worker. I can’t wait to get started!
Dad- I hope to hear from you when you return safe from Ghana! I know you are such a blessing to anyone you encounter and I am so glad God gave me to you! I love you Daddy, I always will.
Mom- thanks for coming up last week and making my weekend oh so special! You are such and encouragement to me. I LOVE that we are planning my wedding together! Another adventure for the books and this one is much better than the last!
Julie- my sweet Maid of Honor, I love you and cannot wait to go Bride’s maid’s dress shopping. Don’t fret about a job! You will find one in time. Behave and keep up the good work at school! I am so proud of you.
Dusty- dude, stay in touch and keep working hard. I can’t wait to hear where you will be stationed for firefighting! I love you!
Joni, Kimberly, Elizabeth, Aunt Terry, Aunt Candy and all my faithful prayer warriors- I love you all and feel your prayers daily! May the love that God gives so abundantly to us be made real and clear, and refresh you each day!

No comments: