Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Would you: GIVE A GIFT OF LIFE OR DEATH?

Our staff received a letter from bj today and i wanted to share with you the horror:
( http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/12/abortion-indian.html )Happy Holidays! Here's a gift certificate for an abortion

Here's an original holiday gift idea to help the person who may have everything, including a little something they don't really want. A new way to mark the festive yearend celebration of life -- a gift certificate for an abortion. This year, for the first time, Planned Parenthood of Indiana is offering holiday gift certificates for that certain someone in your life who may want a breast exam, a pap smear or perhaps not want another life in their life. Calling them an "unusual yet practical gift this holiday season," the organization is selling gift certificates in $25 denominations, redeemable at any of the group's 35 statewide locations for their services. There's even an online page to order the certificates if you know someone in Indiana who desires such services. According to Ms. magazine, an official of the Hoosier Planned Parenthood group explained: "People are making really tough decisions about putting gas in their car and food on their table, so we know that many women especially put healthcare at their bottom of their list to do." The organization performs about 5,000 abortions a year, according to one published figure, out of 92,000 patients treated. Indiana's health commissioner, Judy Monroe, ignores the mounting political denunciations and calls the idea "really a meaningful gift." It has taken a few days for antiabortion groups to move beyond disbelief and begin commenting on the Christmas holiday sales item.
Indiana's Right to Life president, Mike Fichter, calls the Christmas gift certificates "a mockery" of a holiday designed to celebrate life by "peddling new ways to promote its destruction."Christmas," said Jim Sedlak of the American Life League, "perhaps more than any other time of the year, is dedicated to the miracle of life and divine love." He said the gift cards "would be more accurately described as death certificates." "The tragedy is that almost 6,000 fewer children will be celebrating a first Christmas this year," he said, "because they were aborted in Planned Parenthood's Indiana clinics."
--Andrew Malcolm

-----------------------------------------------------------------
OK, I am so angry I almost screamed!!!! I wish I could go those centers and say: "Look at me! Look at my sister, look at my brother, look at Faith and Nora and the thousands of other adopted children. Are we only worth a 25$ gift certificate?! Is that what you equate the cost of giving birth and aborting?! Is the time you spent paying someone to make the Gift certificate look efficient, maybe even a little catchy and cute worth more than what it costs to kill a baby!!?

My anger stems more for the fact that it is going to be wrapped like a gift and GIVEN as a gift!! I see it now “give the gift of death with a bow!” “Do you Love them enough to Kill?” My anger is that a person is not going to go out and buy themselves a gift certificate. NO! They are going out and BUYING death to give it to SOMEONE ELSE and right at Christmas!! How Satan works astonishes me. Not only is the real meaning of Christmas (Christ’s BIRTH- the beginning of our salvation) smeared and stomped in the ground by the selfish and greedy theme of giving gifts and wanting more and more ,while thousands of children and families die, BUT now we have Satan advertising DEATH as another gift to give! He is trying to cover up Christ’s birth with the blood of abortion (a child’s DEATH) just like he did at His beginning. We all know that Satan used Herod as a tool to try to cover or get rid of Jesus’ birth by the killing of innocent 2yrs. and below baby boys. We read about it in the Bible or see a movie that tells the whole story of Christ. We grit our teeth or hide our eyes as the shadows on the walls depicts how a soldier went about killing a baby boy. How those babies screamed but they were drown out by the screams of MOTHERS!! MOTHER who actually loved their babies! Now it is happening again and this time “the soldiers and king” Satan is using is: Planned Parenthood Centers-KING, and the SOLDIERS are- mother, fathers, friends, cousins, aunts, and husbands, wives, boyfriends and girlfriends.
In a court room their isn’t just one or two people who are found guilty in my book. It is the people who agree to formulate the idea, the people who design it, the people who print it, the centers and all employees who agree to offer it, the people who buy the “Gift”, the female who comes in to cash in the certificate, and the doctor who performs it! what’s more astonishing, is that all of those people are BEING paid (just like Judas was to crucify our Lord) per person in 1 day possibly in one hour more than what it costs to buy a damn 25$ or more give certificate of death.
It is hard for me on a personal level to even find the words to pray or to love, as Christ commanded, these people. Father forgive me. My heart breaks for that child who has so much hate and evil directed towards him/her even when they cannot speak for themselves. But I can say this and with very fiber in my body:
-THANK YOU BIRTH PARENTS- for your willingness to hold onto your baby and give them life.
To my birth mother- thank you for not letting Satan sway you. For loving me enough to give me life.
-THANK YOU ADOPTIVE PARENTS- who have waited, sought, yearned, cried out and had faith that God would give you a child.
To my mom and dad- I love you and am so glad you are my parents. Thank you for waiting patiently on the Lord and for loving me, Dusty, and Julie and even Li with a open heart, an abounding love, and an earnest desire to see us grow into the men and women God has for us.
-THANK YOU PARENTS- that you love your children, you guide them and you chose a path of life for your children!
-And most importantly THANK YOU MY FATHER IN HEAVEN-for giving life and taking the children who die because of our sinful nature, wrapping them on Your loving arms.
Thank you for giving me life, for not letting Satan win, for the assurance that we have the that victory is already won and that death has already been conquered. Thank you for choosing me for this life!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always love to get your perspective on these things Jenna!

the Steiger's said...

That is so shocking. Thank you for sharing this with us.
Lenka

Phebe said...

Hi Jenna,
In my surfing the web today, I found your blog. I applaud yours service to humanity and would like to help if I could. I am an independent awardwinning children's bookseller for Barefoot Books. I would love to be able to fundraise for your organization - get free books for the children or $$ or a combination of both. Please visit my blog www.barefootbooksmissouri.blogspot.com to look at the wonderful products at Barefoot Books and please do not hesitate to let me know how I might be able to help. We are able to set up an online event, etc. We also recently partnered with Books for Africa. Thanks for your kind attention and time. Wishing you and yours the joy of the season filled with all the things that matter most.

April said...

Jenna,
You left a comment on my blog and I apologize for just now getting back to you. I hadn't realized it was there! Thank you for your comments on my blog. I looked at the World Orphan website and am so happy to see an organization like yours doing work under God's umbrella of salvation and love. I see children in this world who have been abandoned, abused and neglected because of adults and it breaks my heart. Keep up the GREAT work. I'd love to continue to read more!!
April
www.intoourheart.blogspot.com

Becky said...

Jenna - this is horrifying! Thanks for helping to bring this to light. I will pass it along to others. Blessings,
Becky