Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I was a Mom Today…

I was a Mom Today…

I was a mom today to a child who lost theirs...
I was a mom today for I loved them...
I was a mom today for I felt their fears...
I was a mom today for I held the ones that cried small tears...
I was a mom today when a child recognized me...
I was a mom today when I held her small hand...
I was a mom today when they came crying to me...
I was a mom today when their tears they tried to hide...
I was a mom today when I played in their home...
I was a mom today when they learned from me...
I was a mom today when they came running with pride...
I was a mom today when I cradled them in my arms...
I was a mom today because a child let me in...
I was a mom today because I saw hope begin...


I was a Child today…

I was a child today for I was loved...
I was a child today for I shared their fear...
I was a child today for I was held while tears fell...
I was a child today when I held hands and played...
I was a child today when my tears I tried to hide...
I was a child today when together we cried...
I was a child today when I shared in their home...
I was a child today when I ran to them with pride...
I was a child to today when I learned from them...
I was a child today when they held me in their arms...
I was a child today because a child let me in...
I was a child today because I hoped their hope would begin.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

now that is from the heart! a heart that reflects the love of our Savior.

Anonymous said...

I loved this post. Adoption is not only the heart of the Father, but your heart as well. I'm so blessed to have found your site.
Blessings, Linda

Anonymous said...

wow some of your best writing in my opinion Jenna :)

Anonymous said...

i love your kind heart, jenna

Our Story: Continued said...

That's beautiful! I think we spoke about my homestudy for my adoption process a couple months ago. If this is the same Jenna, we have another weird connection! My friend Brigitte posted one of your blog entries on her blog and that's how I found your blog. If not, then I'm glad I found your blog anyway! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Jenna.
Your words are true...no doubt your visit, your love expressed, will remain a sweet memory to many. A glimpse of Christ, a taste of "true" love. Thanks for sharing your heart and your story.
Debbie

the Steiger's said...

Jenna,
thank for stopping by on my blog:)
What a great post by the way.
love, Lenka

Unknown said...

Wow...great post! Thanks for letting your heart overflow.
I miss you!
Kate

missy. said...

Thanks, Jenna, for your comment on my blog! It's always nice to hear from people who are committed to helping children. I hope you'll stop by again in the future, and refer your friends and associates!