Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My Answer Lord is Yes!

At the start of this blog I had no idea what I could write about. I have gotten somewhat settled in both places (home and work) and am just now beginning to get homesick. Oh the dreaded desire that every person gets when they leave home, to return home to your loved ones and the comfort of the old life. When I started my first day at World Orphans there was an assignment ready for me. It was to develop a personal ministry plan. As I read through the material many things came as a comfort but the one that I came across that really stuck out to me and applied to exactly what I was beginning to feel was this:

Mastering the First 90 Days in a New Job

Congratulations! You're starting a new job. You've cast aside the security blanket of your previous assignment. You've survived the emotional fits and starts of the hiring process. Now, brimming with confidence, you arrive for the first day of work secure in the knowledge that of all the candidates, you were the one that was identified as having the right combination of skills and attitude for the job. But lingering in the back of your mind are the inevitable questions about whether you made the right move, whether your contribution will be valued, and whether the reality of the new job will live up to its expectations.

How you channel those hopes, dreams and doubts in the first 90 days will set the tone and tenor of your tenure with your new company. You have a limited window of opportunity to create a sustainable advantage for "brand you".

At this point I went WHOA! How great is my God for knowing that I would need that right up front! I had begun to doubt and questioned if I was really hearing God’s call. Evil crept in BUT as I sit now here in my new little cubicle/office on my second day a song pops into my mind by Bob Carlisle “I’m Gonna Be Ready”:

Right over here now, children
Talk to me
We can talk about anything at all
What do you see?
I can see all the lonely people
All of them looking for the answer
All of them listening for that call

Poverty
The likes of which I can't seem to remember
Disparity
The likes of which I just can't recall
So how can it be?
That woven with the hope that we have inside us
Still we seem to let those things divide us
That don't amount to anything at all
All your life, you've been prepared
For this single, precious moment in time
When Jesus calls, what will you say?




“I’M HERE AND I AM YOURS, AND MY ANSWER,

LORD, IS YES!

I’M GONNA BE READY
I WANNA BE ABLE
TO ANSWER YOUR EVERY CALL,

OH YES!

I’M MUCH MORE THAN WILLING
I’VE GOT A DESIRE THAT’S BURNING LIKE A FLAME
I’M GONNA BE READY WHEN YOU CALL MY NAME!”

Right over here, now, children
Talk to me
Anything that's on your mind
What do you see
I can see all the hungry children
Being denied a decent
meal to fill them
Through no fault of their own

All it takes is simple faith
To turn the situa
tion around
Love can break the strongest chains

SO I’M HERE AND I AM YOURS, AND MY ANSWER,

LORD, IS YES!

JUST LET ME BE YOUR HANDS
LET ME TOUCH THE
HEART OF THIS BROKEN WORLD
FATHER JUST GIVE ME YOUR COMMAND
AND I’LL DO ANYTHING, I’LL GO ANYWHERE!

God spoke to me through that song! This week has been all about songs and I know that the Lord speaks through many things but it is so powerful to me to be able to hear a song pop onto the radio that I know a week before God used to remind my little weak and doubt self that:

“Hey Jenna, it’s me again, child. Listen to me, know me, search me, call out to me, and I will find you…but you must listen….Jenna? Hello? Don’t go there… don’t listen to that Jenna…don’t fall into that…daughter listen to me….are you listening?”

The past two Sunday the pastor has talked about listening and hearing God. The past couple of days have been emotional and tough…partly bc I wanted to do what I wanted and therefore not listen to God…when you step out and don’t listen to God you will always be hit by failure in some shape or fashion or brought down into the darkness. Only when you are in the will of the Lord…only when I AM in the will of the Lord can I truly be successful and a light in this dark world for Christ.

Pray for me as I do for you that we as Christians would strive, stand firm, and shout with our body and soul that: I AM WILLING…I AM READY… I’M HERE…I AM YOURS… AND MY ANSWER, LORD WILL ALWAYS BE YES!

No comments: