Monday, April 6, 2009

My Hearts Prayer...

A moment in which I wish had never happened- I hurt the ones I love. Father, Daddy, hear my cry, my hurt, my pain, my heartache, and make me whole. Love the one I hurt when I can not fully... For my love is not yet complete without You as my strength and center. I desire to be worthy of him but I know I must first desire to be worthy of you... My heart hurts and my sorrow is almost unbearable...Give him one who will live, laugh, and love- happily, and wholeheartedly. Forgive me for thinking me without You would be enough for him... Forgive me for not loving YOU as I should and therefore not be able to love him as I desire...Heal me father for I can only pray for rescue. For if I do it alone, as I have, I will fail again...and again. I fling myself at the foot of your cross and ask for forgiveness, for help, for comfort...


Psalm 6
O LORD, Deliver My Life
To the choirmaster: with stringed instruments; according to(A) The Sheminith.[a] A Psalm of David.
1O LORD, rebuke me not in your anger,
nor discipline me in your wrath.
2Be gracious to me, O LORD, for I am languishing;
heal me, O LORD, for my bones are troubled.
3My soul also is greatly troubled.
But you, O LORD—how long?
4Turn, O LORD, deliver my life;
save me for the sake of your steadfast love.
5For in death there is no remembrance of you;
in Sheol who will give you praise?
6I am weary with my moaning;
every night I flood my bed with tears;
I drench my couch with my weeping.
7My eye wastes away because of grief;
it grows weak because of all my foes.
8 Depart from me, all you workers of evil,
for the LORD has heard the sound of my weeping.
9The LORD has heard my plea;
the LORD accepts my prayer.
10All my enemies shall be ashamed and greatly troubled;
they shall turn back and be put to shame in a moment.


Psalm 13
How Long, O LORD?
To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David.
1How long, O LORD? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
2How long must I take counsel in my soul
and have sorrow in my heart all the day?
How long shall my enemy be exalted over me?
3 Consider and answer me, O LORD my God;
light up my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death,
4 lest my enemy say, "I have prevailed over him,"
lest my foes rejoice because I am shaken.
5But I have trusted in your steadfast love;
my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.
6I will sing to the LORD,
because he has dealt bountifully with me.


Trust in the Lord … Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will do this. Be still before the Lord, and wait patiently for him. (Psalm 37:3-5, 7a)


Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings. (Psalm 61:1-4)



(Psalm 62:1-2)
1For God alone my soul waits in silence;
from him comes my salvation.
2 He only is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Jenna,

What a painful and difficult step you have taken. May God bless your faithfulness.

It sure does suck when God asks us to do things that hurt not only ourselves but also the ones we love most.

I'll be praying for healing for you both.

Bettye said...

Jenna,

Your courage to make a difficult decision is a testimony to your ability to love fully. My prayer for you is that you will accept God's blessing for your life in Him, and not languish long in the pain of right and necessary decision. May your heart heal and be strengthened. The joy of the Lord is your strength.
Bettye Elledge
friend to your mom